In the last third of the 19th century several andesite-pits started on the right bank of the River Olt's valley, employing a great number of workers up to the present. Italian stone-cutters have been brought for the works here. This branch consti¬tuted the base of the famous ornamental stonework from Micfalau (monuments, gravestones, feet of gates, stairs). Besides the dwindling stone-production silviculture and livestock-breeding have become more and more important - due to the extended grazing grounds of the region.
After the change of regime a creamery and butchery have come into being. Micfalau's subsoil is also abounding in mineral waters. In the lower part of the village a primitive thermal bath is functio¬ning. It has a lot of springs such as Bedo, Simion, Kuli, Sorban, Sos, Hocsa, Ddgds, Csango and Cseszko. The Hunnia-spring's medicinal water rich in bicarbonate of soda has been bottled before the 1st World War. This water has leavened the dough even without raiser. The actual St. Istvan catholic church of the commune was built in the period between 1826-32. The altar-piece depicts the Christian king. In front of the government's hall a monument cut from andesite was put up by the local Democratic Union of the Romanian Hungarians (RMDSZ). It keeps the memory of the victims killed in the 2nd World War; it has an inscription (,,No more war!") on it. At the southern entrance of the village we can see the monument put up for the memory of those deceased cyclists who visited Rodosto, in Turky, during the totalitarian period, under the guidance of their gymnastics teacher, Fejer Akos. In the Bergo valley situated eastwards from the settlement we can find plant rarities such as the Cypripedium calceolum, the martagon-lily (Lilium martagon) and the globe-flower (Trollius europaeus). A living folk custom from here is the recruit's watering. A marked pathway leads to the ridge of the Bodoc Mountains.